1. EVERY student is responsible for checking Google Classroom (GC) for work/make-up work. It is found at: classroom.google.com or can be accessed through the free app.
2. Grades are based on straight points including participation, in addition to classwork and/or homework.
3. LATE work is worth 0%.
• If in the building, but not in class (field trip, early dismissal, rehearsal, sport, gifted/IEP meeting, TOC, etc.) students are still responsible for: work covered, assigned, and/or turned in that day, or it is late. Zero.
• Place homework in the basket that is clearly labeled.
• Work not turned in by the time I retrieve it from the basket is late. Period. Zero.
• If a student is on vacation, work is due the day following the student’s arrival back to class, or it is late. Zero. UTILIZE GC.
4. INCOMPLETE work is worth 0%.
• Don’t understand the work? You are responsible for asking.
• Don’t ask? You are responsible for the grade earned. Zero.
5. Extra credit does not happen. If students fail to complete assigned work, there is no reward.
6. Plagiarism, using others’ work to complete yours, communicating or phone use during tests, using unapproved materials and copying others’ homework is unacceptable.
• Cheat on an assignment/assessment for the first time? Zero.
• Copying others’ work? Zeroes for EVERYONE involved.
• Cheating on an assignment/assessment a second time? ZERO for the 9 WEEKS.
7. Work covered and assigned is on Google Classroom. Students are responsible for joining the class, and checking for and retrieving missed work.
• TOC and OSS students are responsible for retrieving THEIR OWN ASSIGNMENTS and completing assignments ON TIME. UTILIZE GC.
• One day of make-up time is given for each day missed when absent from class due to illness or other personal reasons.
• For EXTENDED absences, please UTILIZE GC.
• Any work not made up in the given time is a 0%.
• Retrieve, ask questions about, and complete missed work before or after class-NOT DURING.
1. Be prepared. Needed materials will be posted on my classroom door and on G C.
2. Place unneeded items UNDER your desk with your PHONE IN THE NUMBERED POUCH at the front.
3. Be a contributing member of our society. Disrespect/rudeness is not be tolerated*.
4. Be appropriate. Harassment & slurs are sent to office-no questions asked*.
5. Be in class before the late bell rings. Not in class? Have a pass. No pass? No admittance.
6. NO electronic devices while I am instructing. I’m more interesting than a phone. I see it. I TAKE IT. 1st time=returned. After 1=office.
7. Be neat and clean.
8. Be an adult & ask for help. NO EXCUSES! NO EXCEPTIONS! Adults advocate for themselves.
9. Hall pass use is limited. Medical issues? Please, see the nurse.
10. Show ALL faculty respect. Respect all paraprofessionals and visiting faculty or face disciplinary action*.
*ANY STUDENT REMOVED FROM OR ASKED TO LEAVE CLASS IS REQUIRED TO REPORT TO THE OFFICE.
FAILURE TO REPORT IS WRITTEN-UP A CLASS CUT.