-Hopewell offers monthly field trips to provide opportunities for your child to enrich their knowledge in areas of interest. The Coordinator tries to have 2 theatrical performances during the year as well as museums, tours, demonstrations, and workshops.
- If students are accelerated in a subject Hopewell has dual enrollment opportunities at Penn State Beaver and Robert Morris University.
- Sophomores may apply to take classes from Robert Morris during our Saturday program. The courses are taken during the Junior year and will give the students a chance to earn up to 15 college credits.
- Student participation in extracurricular activities can help students develop better attitudes toward school and long-term educational and occupational success.
- Providing opportunities for your child's talent to progress can help develop better self esteem,
Critical thinking & Problem solving
- All children should have their critical thinking and problem solving skills challenged each and everyday. This is even more imperative in a gifted mind. Gifted children are constantly seeking the why and how of the world around them. They need to understand not only the whole picture but all of its parts.
- Providing challenges and projects for the gifted student is a goal of the Gifted Coordinator. There are many competitions and group activities that students can choose to participate in to have this need met.