Sixth grade in Hopewell Area School District is a very special year in your child’s educational career. It is the highest level of “elementary” school. During this year the students will be refining and securing educational and behavioral skills that will make transition into the “junior high” a lot easier.
Just as a good structure needs a sturdy foundation, students will be constructing a strong foundation of basic skills upon which subsequent courses of study will build. In addition to educational responsibilities, students have the responsibility to help keep the classroom a safe and healthy place to learn. Along with the regulations outlined in the student handbook, in my classes, the expectation is that students will be:
- On time – if not, a late slip is required for entry
- Prepared – have all materials and assignments needed
- Responsible – use time wisely, and use planner daily
- Respectful – treat others politely and with consideration
Failure to adhere to class policies will result in one of the following consequences:
- Verbal warning – private talk with student
- Lunch Detention – either in the cafeteria or with the teacher
- Office write up – 10 write-ups prevent students from going on the field trip
All classes are graded on total points and follow the district grade scale.
- 100% - 90%= A
- 89% - 80% = B
- 79% - 70% = C
- 69% - 60% = D
- 59% - 0% = E
Hopefully, by following the guidelines listed above, we will all help each other have a pleasant and productive school year.