- Students are not permitted to keep medication on themselves, in lunch boxes, lockers, or purses.
- Exceptions are EPI-Pens or Asthma Inhalers with parent permission and Physician documentation.
Standing Orders: Acetaminophen and/or Ibuprofen
- In the Junior High School and High School there are standing orders written by the school doctor for Acetaminophen and Ibuprofen. A student may obtain the above medications from the school nurse if parent/guardian permission is indicated on the health history form.
- At the Junior High, any student receiving Acetaminophen via standing order for 3 consecutive days or 10 doses in a school year will automatically have the standing order discontinued.
- At the Senior High, any student receiving Acetaminophen and/or Ibuprofen via standing order for 3 consecutive days or 10 doses in a school year will automatically have the standing order discontinued.
- To continue Acetaminophen and/or Ibuprofen therapy a prescription must be received from the student's family physician requesting the medication be continued and for what length of time.
Please refer to the Hopewell School District Medication Guidelines for further information.