About Mrs. Petrina:
I am very excited to be your student's Science and Social Studies teacher this year! In addition to my teaching experience, I also have a degree in Biology and experience working outdoors in Environmental Education. I am passionate about our environment and am looking forward to inspiring your child. I am confident that this year will hold many opportunities for your child to explore, investigate, and learn exciting new things.
- Aligned with the Common Core State Standards and incorporates reading, writing, and hands-on activities.
- In fourth grade, the focus shifts toward reading to learn and pulling information from multiple resources.
- Students are given extensive instruction, guidance, and cumulative practice until they can master a skill or strategy.
Grading and Assessment:
- Students will be given opportunities to conduct research or create projects based upon familiar concepts or topics they are interested in.
- Students will be expected to demonstrate their understanding of the scientific process and implement investigations.
- Students will also use skills to communicate their learning and extend upon their knowledge through reading, writing, and group discussions.
90 - 100% A
80 - 89% B
70 - 79% C
60 - 69% D