The goal for 4th graders is to become more independent users of the library.
In 4th grade students are:
- perfecting their catalog searching skills
- learning about reference sources
- working on the Dewey Decimal Classification System
- learning research skills
The goal for 3rd graders is to become more proficient in finding books in the library.
In 3rd grade students are:
The goal for 2nd graders is to discover more about the variety of books we have in our library and to increase their reading ability.
- working on how the fiction and non-fiction books are organized
- learning how to search the library's on-line catalog to find the books they want
In 2nd grade students are:
- completing an Author Study
- learning about why a book wins the Caldecott Medal
- discovering various sections of the non-fiction
The goal for 1st graders is learning about the different variety of books available in the Library.
In 1st grade students are:
- learning about the important roles authors and illustrators play in telling a story
- discovering fairy tales, easy fiction, and easy non-fiction
The goal for Kindergarten is learning how about the different parts of a book, how to care for their books, and how to choose a book they want to read.
In Kindergarten students are learning:
If you have any questions, feel free to e-mail me at email@example.com
- about the parts of a book and why they are important
- the roles of author and illustrator
- how to choose a book
- to be responsible for their book by caring for it and returning it on-time