Hopewell Area School District Title I Mission Statement
The Hopewell Area School District and each Title I building will, in consultation with staff and parents, plan and implement an effective educational support to eligible Title I participants so that each child may achieve challenging state standards. Highly qualified Title I staff will provide research based supplemental educational assistance for students, professional development for staff, and capacity building activities for parents designed to improve the academic achievement of participants.
2017 Annual Title I Parent Meeting
Margaret Ross Elementary School Library
September 29, 2017
10:30 am-11:30 am
You are invited to a meeting to learn about the Title I reading program. Title I provides funding for our schools to provide additional help to students in the area of reading. This meeting is for parents of students receiving Title I reading support from Independence, Hopewell, Margaret Ross Elementary Schools, as well as Our Lady of Fatima. At this meeting, we will talk about our Title I program and be available to answer any questions you might have.
We will explain:
· The regular curriculum and how Title I supports it
· The Title I Program at our school
· How your child was identified for Title I
· The assessments we use and what they mean
· The proficiency levels we will help your child to meet
· Activities that you can do at home to help your child succeed
· How you can be involved in the Title I program at school
· District & Building Parent Engagement Policy Review & revision
Hope to see you there!
HASD Title I Teachers
Mrs. Kathy Boranko: Independence Elementary Reading Specialist
Mrs. Erin Kamerer: Margaret Ross Elementary Reading Specialist:
Mrs Lauren Opalanko: Hopewell Elementary Reading Specialist
Questions may also be directed to:
Dr. Jacie Maslyk Assistant Superintendent/Director of Federal Programs