Our class has five basic rules:
1. Listen to and follow directions the first time they are given.
2. Respect others at all times. Keep hands, feet, objects, and unkind comments to yourself.
3. Raise your hand and wait for permission to speak. Do not interrupt.
4. Follow all classroom procedures.
5. Always come prepared to class. Have homework, books, and supplies ready.
If students choose not to follow the rules, they are given a reminder and then a verbal warning. If the behavior continues, the students will be awarded a negative Dojo point. Other consequences include loss of recess or referral to administration. Dojo points will be earned for positive interactions as well. Periodically, students will be able to exchange their Dojo points for prizes.
The class as a whole can also earn marbles into the marble jar for receiving compliments or other outstanding displays of behavior. The marbles are collected in a jar and when the jar is full, the class receives a reward.