*Welcome to Mrs. Hewitt's 4th Grade Classroom*
A Little Bit About Mrs. Hewitt:
Some of you may know me as "Miss Beck". I am very excited to announce that I was recently married in December of 2020, and am now Mrs. Hewitt! I am 36 years old, and a very proud Hopewell native! I graduated from Hopewell High School, and went on to receive a Bachelors Degree in Elementary Education K-6 at Robert Morris University. I also have received a Masters Degree through Slippery Rock University in K-8 Math and Science. My husband and I live in Hopewell with our three dogs and saltwater reef tank, filled with breath-taking marine life from all over the world! Being a teacher has been my dream since I was a little girl, and now it has come true! I am very thankful to be surrounded by such caring and supportive family, friends, and colleagues.
"When you teach what you love, and share what you know,
you open minds, hearts, and souls to unexplored worlds." --Unknown
A Little Bit About Mrs. Hewitt's Class:
My goal is for students to develop a deep understanding of the world around them through communication, collaboration, critical thinking, and creativity. The expectation is that all students are actively engaged in the learning that is taking place in our classroom.
- Procedures and Expectations:
- Each day a Parent/Teacher Communication folder will come home. Please be sure to check the folder daily for reminders, notes, important information, etc.
- Students are expected to complete and will be held accountable for ALL assignments. (in-class work, homework, projects, tests, etc.)
- At the beginning of the year, students will be given a planner in which they will use to record all homework assignments, make-up work, and up-coming tests/quizzes. I will sign their planners at the beginning of every week to ensure that students have correctly recorded information for the week. Planners should be viewed together at home and returned every day with a parent signature.
- Also at the beginning of the year, I will be sending home a code to sign up for Class Dojo. If you don't already have a parent account, pleas take the time to set one up. This is a digital platform I use in the classroom to track behavior, provide feedback to students, and communicate with families. You can also download the app on any mobile device, which will allow you to receive instant notifications about your child. The link to the website is: www.classdojo.com
- Your child will be using Google Classroom as well as Microsoft Teams this school year. Google Classroom is a digital classroom platform that students will use for their daily schedule and classwork. Your child is expected to view their daily schedule and assignments each morning to prepare for the day. Microsoft Teams will be used for Live Learning while your child is at home. Schedules will be posted on your child's Google Classroom each morning.
- Grading System:
- Students will be graded on a percentage-based scale. The grading scale is consistent district-wide.
- 90 - 100 A
- 80 - 89 B
- 70 - 79 C
- 60 - 69 D
- 0 - 59 E
- Students will be graded on in-class assignments, homework assignments, projects, quizzes, and tests.
- If a student receives a grade of a 69% or lower on any assignment, please take the time to review the assignment with your child at home.
I look forward to spending the last year of elementary school with your kiddos! Feel free to contact me with questions/concerns as needed. I can be reached via phone, email, or Class Dojo:
Phone: 724-375-6691 ext. 6104
Fostering the love for learning with purpose, passion, and pride.