From the desk of Dr. Dreshman
Here are some helpful tips that you may want to consider before and during a campus visit:
- Contact the admissions office of the institution and tell them you would like to schedule a campus visit.
- Let them know you would like to take a tour of the campus.
- Ask them if you can sit in on a class or two to get a feel for a college class. Also ask if you can meet and talk with a few students to see what the school is really like (ask any and all questions you might have!).
- The parent/guardian can request a meeting with one of their financial aid counselors. Bring all your questions to the meeting.
- Both the parent/guardian and student should ask if there are any honors programs, grants, or scholarships for which the student may qualify.
- Visit the campus café, student union and the bookstore; these are great places to observe and to listen to what students are discussing.
- How do you know if the school is for you? It should “feel like a fit, feel right and/or feel like home” to you.
- If visiting on a school day, please ask the admissions representative to write a note on letterhead verifying you had an official visit and turn the note into the main office.