Your thinking cap is a necessity in 3rd grade~ be prepared to use it! Get plenty of rest and eat a healthy breakfast to give yourself a good start
each day this school year!
~Transition from 2nd to 3rd grade~
- Please keep in mind that up through 2ndgrade your child was learning to read; now he/she is reading to learn.
- Big Adjustment for child and parent… be patient!
~Easing into 3rdgrade: Organization~
- I stop at the end of each subject to help your child write assignments in the planner.
- I announce at the end of each day exactly which books need to go home. Students then check their binder to ensure that homework and planner are inside.
- Guidance will continue over the next few weeks. Students will then transition to me only checking at the end of the day, to not checking at all by holidays.
- “Bring Backl” and “Stay Home” sides are used to ensure your child’s work is where it belongs.
- Have your child pack and unpack his/her backpack. Your child should be asking you to sign his/her planner, not expecting you to do it!