We would like to welcome your child to kindergarten at MARGARET ROSS ELEMENTARY SCHOOL. There are a few important items that your child will need to bring to school on the first day.
ROSS KINDERGARTEN SUPPLY LIST:
* A back pack with your child’s first and last name on it. Please choose a backpack that is big enough to hold their daily folder.
* A plastic pencil box, approximately 8.5 x 5.5 x 2 inches in
size (anything larger will not fit in the desks).
* Personal headphones (NO
EARBUDS) that are comfortable for your child (PUT In Ziplock & LABEL)
* At least 8 LARGE Elmer’s glue sticks (removed from the packaging and placed in a gallon size Ziplock bag). Please try to get the large glue sticks rather than the smaller ones---we use glue constantly and the children burn through the little ones really fast.
* 1 package of 4 EXPO black dry erase markers.
* 6 boxes of the LARGE CRAYOLA CRAYONS (8 PACK ONLY). Not the jumbo crayons, but the large crayons. We use our crayons every single day and the small, skinny crayons break so easily with the children. Once the crayons break they do not want to use them, and will constantly ask for new crayons. The larger ones last much longer.
* 12 yellow number 2 pencils (We have found
the best to be the large (not jumbo), primary pencils from Ticonderoga). Please buy the better quality pencils—the lead literally falls out of the cheaper ones and often we have to throw them away. Please do not send in the decorative pencils, as they jam our electric sharpeners.
* 1 pair of scissors (Fiskars for children are ideal)
* 2 large yellow broad tipped highlighters
* 2 large pink erasers
* 1 box of Kleenex
* 1 PLASTIC folders with pockets. The children are responsible for bringing their folder home and back to school each day. This is a very important tool!! The paper folders get ripped very easily and they do not last. The second folder will be a backup in case the first is lost.
* 4 pack of 4 oz. cans of Play Doh (Play Doh brand)
SEND YOUR CHILD TO SCHOOL ON THE FIRST DAY WITH THEIR PENCIL BOX MARKED WITH
THEIR NAME ON IT AND STOCKED WITH THE FOLLOWING:
2 pencils; 1 box of crayons; 1 glue stick; 1 pair of scissors;
1 black dry erase marker, 1 pink eraser, 1 highlighter
PLEASE SEND ALL OTHER SUPPLIES IN ON THE FIRST DAY IN A GALLON SIZED ZIPLOCK BAG MARKED WITH YOUR CHILD’S NAME ON IT.
It helps SO much if your child is prepared on the first day….it is an anxious time for them and we really appreciate you sending them in to school with their “toolboxes” ready. J
Thank you all so much for your support. The suggestions for supplies are from years
of experience with what seems to work best in our classroom, and again… they are just suggestions. You may spend a little more money initially, but it will save you from getting several notes throughout the year saying that your child needs this or that. If you are unable to purchase supplies, please contact us prior to the first day of school.
We are looking forward to a great year in kindergarten!!!! Let’s work together as a team to make it the best for your child!
Mrs. Erin Hoyne-Kovacevic (HK) J and Mrs. Annette Doria J