The goal for 4th graders is to become more independent users of the library.
In 4th grade students are:
- perfecting their catalog searching skills
- learning about reference sources
- working on the Dewey Decimal Classification System
- learning research skills
The goal for 3rd graders is to become more proficient in finding books in the library.
In 3rd grade students are:
- working on how the fiction and non-fiction books are organized
- learning how to search the library's on-line catalog to find the books they want
The goal for 2nd graders is to discover more about the variety of books we have in our library and to increase their reading ability.
In 2nd grade students are:
- completing an Author Study
- learning about why a book wins the Caldecott Medal
- discovering various sections of the non-fiction
The goal for 1st graders is learning about the different variety of books available in the Library.
In 1st grade students are:
- learning about the important roles authors and illustrators play in telling a story
- discovering fairy tales, easy fiction, and easy non-fiction
The goal for Kindergarten is learning how about the different parts of a book, how to care for their books, and how to choose a book they want to read.
In Kindergarten students are learning:
If you have any questions, feel free to e-mail me at [email protected]
- about the parts of a book and why they are important
- the roles of author and illustrator
- how to choose a book
- to be responsible for their book by caring for it and returning it on-time