The following is a list of our expectations for a successful year in the library. Please read over them and discuss them with your child.
1. Books are due on the same Day every six-day rotation unless notified otherwise because of a holiday.
2. If your child carries his lunch in his bookbag, the library book needs to be protected in a plastic bag.
3. Please have a safe place to keep library books at home. Book prices range from $14 to $25 so it is very expensive to pay for a lost or damaged book.
4. Keep books safe from liquids, food, ink, pencils, crayons, scissors, dirty hands, pets and younger children.
5. If damage to a book occurs at home, please do not fix it yourself but report the damage to the librarian. If the damage is excessive and the book cannot be repaired, a replacement cost will be assessed.
6. As soon as your child checks out a book, he/she is responsible for its care and safe return. Remind your children not to loan their library book to another student.
7. Each student will check out a book every week.
8. If a book is overdue, you will receive an overdue notice. No fine is assessed but if the book is overdue for several weeks, you will receive a notice stating the replacement cost of the book. If the delinquent cost is not paid by the end of the nine weeks, your child's report card will be held until the matter is cleared. If the book is found later, your money will be returned.