Hopewell High School is excited to incorporate Schoology as the school's Learning Management System. The purpose in using Schoology is to to improve communication between students, teachers, and parents/guardians. As Schoology is implemented in the classrooms teachers will be able to give assignments (including necessary documents), provide classroom resources, communicate with students, hold classroom discussions, and help students stay on schedule all within one safe and secure environment. Some of the key features of Schoology include:
- Centralized Calendar – When a teacher posts an assignment it shows up on the student’s calendar automatically. In addition, all other courses and their respective assignments show up on the same calendar.
- Resources – Teachers can place documents used in their classroom within Schoology so students can access them from home.
- Parent Portal – Parents who take advantage of this feature will be able to see everything their child sees. Resources, grades, due dates, etc.
- Notifications and Announcements – Teacher can utilize the announcement feature to communicate quickly with the entire class. Students and parents can also sign up for notifications so they never miss out on announcements.
The following information on this page explains how to access the Schoology site, set up an account, link students, and access the classroom resources. CLICK HERE
to see the FAQs page.
Accessing the Portal
In order to access the information on Schoology you must have a student who is currently attending the high school. At the beginning of the year a letter will be sent out with an access code for your child. If this code was not received or was misplaced, please contact Dean Nelson
via email and another copy of the code will be sent.
- Follow the link to the Schoology Portal click on "Sign Up' in the upper right side of the page, and select "Parent".
- Enter the student specific code in the "Access Code" field and click "Continue".
- Enter the necessary information, opt in or out of the subscription, agree to the terms and then click "Register".
- After you register you can link additional children using the "Add Child" link.
- Once an account is created and you are linked to your child(ren), you can learn about all of the different features as well as get addition help and support from the Parent Guide on the Schoology website.
- New registration will not be needed each year. The child associations will remain as long as the child is a student at Hopewell High School. If new children need to be associated with a specific account, sign in and use the "Add Child" link as shown in step 4.